[dokuwiki] Re: pages dissapear when using fckw

  • From: "Jerry Schwartz" <jschwartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 10:18:10 -0400

From: dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Chantal Rosmuller
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 2:59 AM
To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Myron Turner
Subject: [dokuwiki] Re: pages dissapear when using fckw

I made a new long testpage and the problem des not occur, so there must be
something wrong with the "problem" page. I'll move it to a text file and
copy it back in dokuwiki peice by piece to see what happens. Thanks for the
help.
> _

[JS] This might not be at all relevant, but moving data back and forth
between MS Office products and web pages can be problematic due to the
character sets used. CP-1252 (used by Microsoft) is not exactly the same as
UTF-8, so certain gremlins can cause various things to break. I have had
problems with this. Putting text in, or getting it out, through IE
automatically remaps these characters; doing the same programmatically with
PHP does not. Testing with Latin-1 characters will not reveal these
problems.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

195 Farmington Ave.