[dokuwiki] page moving/ search engine redirect

  • From: chris <jugg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:44:52 -0700

Hello,

I've recently moved some pages around in my wiki, and I was wondering what ways people have used to provide a redirect from the old page location to the new location for search engines to know that the page has moved.

The Page Redirector plugin[1] looks promising, but has these issues that I have noticed:

- Redirect url isn't clean. If redirecting to :hello, the desired redirect url should be:
http://mydomain.com/doku.php?id=hello

however, it is currently shown as:
http://mydomain.com/dokuphp?id=:hello&redirect=1

- The redirect status code can't be customized.

Thanks,

chris

[1] http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:page_redirector