[dokuwiki] Re: namespace-restricted fulltext-search #627

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 21:41:20 +0200

> On Thu, 18 May 2006 18:46:28 +0200
> Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 06:43:49PM +0200, Michael Klier wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > as mentioned prevously today I wrote a patch do restrict
> > > fulltext-search to a given namespace. The syntax follows the
> > > proposal here [1].
> > >
> > > Example:
> > >
> > >     searchword@namespace
>
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for the patch. I just added it. I havent looked to deeply at the
> code yet so I have some questions:
>
> Do I need to add the namespace to every search word?

No, if no @namespace is added the normal fulltext-search is performed on
all pages.

> How are multiple @namespace params handled?

Currently it only works with one @namespace param, but I will improve it
to use more than one!

> Does it work with blanks before the @?

If there`s no searchword before @ no search will be performed,
instead the "nothing found" message is shown, may we should add an extra
lang-string "search error - wrong parameter count" or so.

> Ideally the following search queries should work:
>
> 'foo @bar @baz' - searches for foo in the namespaces bar and baz

will be added.

> 'foo bar @baz' - searches for foo and bar in namespace baz

works

> '"foo bar" @baz' - searches for the phrase "foo bar" in namespace baz

works - but I recognized that, for some particular reason I am not aware
of, only the last word is highlighted.

> Andi

Ok, I look what I can do.
Michael