[dokuwiki] Re: media file links converted to lowercase

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:09:47 +0200

chris writes:

I would guess that the original problem was trying to figure out a way to ensure Wiki topics differing only by case linked to the same page, and this methodology rolled over into linking to media files as well.

Right, the idea is, that we don't want the users needing to think about the casing of a link. Also when we allow mixed cased filenames we may get problems when copying files from a casesensitive filesystem to a insensitive one (this was what the previous poster wanted to say I believe).

Whether or not that is true, I don't know. But it remains that a valid link to a valid file in the Media folder should work. It currently does not.

As it was said before: A valid media file has to be a vaild page name. If your files are upper cased then they are not valid. If you upload files through DokuWiki, it will make sure all files are valid. If you circumvent DokuWiki's mechanisms then you have to care for valid filenames your self.