[dokuwiki] Re: making DokuWiki secure on a shared web host

  • From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 23:30:39 +0200

Regarding permissions, all your directories should have 755 permissions and all your files should have 644 permissions. Data files and directories (which will not be accessed directly by the web browser, but will be accessed by your application) can have 600 and 700 directories respectively.

The mod_rewrite rules can be placed in your .htaccess file.

Is this a good approach? Could someone possibly help me with the rules required for my .htaccess file? Or, do you know a good web site for learning more about .htaccess?

the distributed .htaccess is fine, just uncomment a few ruled (which is explained in the comment tags of the file; if you get confused just read and/or ask).

Unfortunately, I'm not a PHP developer. Will I need a PHP developer to set up dokuwiki to be secure?
No! Of course not.
Good. When I look over the DokuWiki documentation I do see lots of PHP code.

DokuWiki is written PHP, but there's no PHP knowledge required to make it run or use it.

Thank god Grandma doesn't need to know C(++) to run whatever Windows version she likes ;)

mvg,

Wouter

--
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een