[dokuwiki] Re: logout problem with version 2005-09-22

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 20:47:45 +0200

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:51:13 +0200
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Nice to hear from you again :-)

Thanks, I took some time off for holidays (and also for my own projects) :-)

Dokuwiki does most of what I need now so I currently don't see any need
to flood you with patches agains as I did in the past :-)

> > I got a strange problem with dokuwiki and firefox (windows version,
> > but shouldn't make any difference). I installed the new release beside
> > my running wiki to test it. After transfering the data and
> > configuration everything seems to work fine, but...
>
> Well I can only guess here. I assume both installations had the same
> title? So they both use the same cookie (I think there is an bug report
> already). But you probably didn't copy the _htcookiesalt from your old
> install so the new install generated a new random one. So this means
> logging in into one install locks you out of the other one... You
> probably did a reload or somthing in the wrong install which kicked you
> out from the other one!?

You are right: I didn't copy _htcookiesalt but I tried to use the new
wiki only (not both at the same time) so that I don't run into such
problems you described. I will do some further investigation on this.

> As I said - only guessing here. I guess DOKU_BASE should be added as
> path into the cookie to avoid these problems.

This might be a good idea.

  Best Regards
     Matthias