[dokuwiki] interface language

  • From: "[list] Riny" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:26:44 +0200

Hi all,

I am running dokuwiki now for more then a year, and with 400 registered
users and 1800 pages I think it is still working very well.

I am in an upgrade process, and I would like to have your advise on the
interface language.

To be honest I do not think that browser detection is the way to go.

Why not?

Whe have a network with people travelling from place to place, carrying
their own preferences with them: consider a dutch person in a russian
internet cafe using dokuwiki on a russian browser..or vice versa

In this situation browser detection would fail: definitely I would want
an english version (with respect to translators, some translated words
just dont make sense if you are used working in english contexts)

So, I would like to know your opinion in extending the user/auth system
with preferred language. In case ACL is off browser detection would be
nice of course.

I am not in favour of very extended user profiles, like (choose your own
picture. hobbies etc)  but I think interface language is another thing

I'd be glad to have your opinion

Regards
Riny