[dokuwiki] Re: http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:compare

  • From: Riny Heijdendael <riny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:52:54 +0200

Andreas Gohr wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 21:31:04 +0200
Harry Fuecks <hfuecks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hitting a memory limit on displaying that page: Fatal error: Allowed
memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted

Okay should be fixed now.

Just as a short update - my server is up again. I reinstalled the whole
system because attackers had root and could have modified lots of
binaries.

The hole they went through was most probably a problem in my blogging
tool b2 which is really really old. They then used a known kernel
exploit to gain root (bad timing - a new one was already built but not
yet booted :-/).

Andi, Im glad you have it up and running again, congrats in finding out what happened, Im sure a lot of people could reinstall the
whole thing withoud knowing what was the cause of it...

Riny

If you encounter anything not working (like the above problem) just drop
me a short note in private.