[dokuwiki] Re: how to implement auto sitemap generation

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:27:26 +0100

Thomas Baumann writes:

> http://inhalt.serviert.de/sitemap.xml or
> http://inhalt.serviert.de/sitemap.xml.gz

> How to correct ? How to (auto)create the sitemap file ?

It is created by the indexer. If your search works the sitemap should as well. All you need to make sure is that the file is writable by the webserver. Just create an empty sitemap.xml.gz file and chmod it accordingly.

I went to my docroot-directory and did a

touch sitemap.xml.gz
touch sitemap.xml
chmod 666 sitemap.xml*

But no sitemap is created. My search works well. How can I manually
force the creation of the sitemap ? Where is my fault ?

Hmm... strange. Just to be sure: you're running the latest devel release and have enabled sitemap generation in the config?

I'll add some debugging options to the indexer to analyze this.