[dokuwiki] future branch / auth plugins

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 11:42:42 +0200

Hi *,

I started merging a few pull requests into a branch called future. For
now these are the requests related to the authentication backends -
mainly the introduction of auth plugins and AD improvements. Others
might follow. The idea is to have a branch we can work on while in
feature freeze for the upcoming release.

What I need now are people helping test the changes introduced in the
future branch. This means especially people who can test auth backends
other than the plain one.

There are also a bunch of open questions I'd like to get your opinion on:

1) handling auth type config

Auth plugins are now named auth*. Eg. the plain backend is now
authplain. This means that people need to adjust their
conf['authtype'] setting if they are not using the default plain
backend.

Is this okay or do we need some automatic transistion? If yes, how
should we do this?

2) handling auth config itself

Currently the auth plugins aren't much more than renamed and moved
auth backends. All configuration is still to be done manually and
stored in $conf['auth'][*][*]. Proper plugins should probably store
their config in $conf['plugin'][*][*] and provide meta data for the
config manager.

Do you agree? If, yes do we need some automatic transisition? How?

3) Multiple plugins?

The current setup created one plugin per backend, so we now have 5 new
bundled plugins. Theoretically we could move all of them into one
Plugin with multiple auth components.

Would this give us any benefits? Or does anything speak against it?

4) Failing Test Case

In the future branch one test case seems to fail:

search_test::test_search_index
Failed asserting that two arrays are equal.
--- Expected
+++ Actual
@@ @@
 Array (
     0 => Array (...)
     1 => Array (...)
+    2 => Array (...)
 )
/home/andi/www/devel/dokuwiki/_test/tests/inc/search/search.test.php:33

I'm not sure why and what exactly goes wrong here. Dommel, Michitux
could you guys have a look at this one, please?

splitbrain.org