[dokuwiki] first image /relation metadata

  • From: Mark Prins <mc.prins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:56:32 +0200

two questions really regarding the metadata ['relation']['firstimage']

1. for an OpenGraph plugin i'm looking at generating the uri to this
image using:

global $ID;
$rel = p_get_metadata($ID,'relation',true);
$img = $rel['firstimage'];
if(!empty($img)) {
   return DOKU_URL .'lib/exe/fetch.php?media='.$img;

which seems to work OK, but I'm curious if there is a better way to
generate the canonical url to the image, especially when the wiki uses
url rewriting. Should I be using ml()? eg. ml($img, array(), true,
'&amp;', true)

running example at
http://www.hooidonksekanoclub.nl/dokuwiki/verslagen/2013/toertocht_raam

full code:
https://github.com/mprins/dokuwiki-plugin-socialcards/blob/opengraph/action.php

2. I have a (different, not related to the opengraph) syntax plugin
that puts an image (a map actually) on a page and does not update this
metadata, I'm now wondering whether it should (taking into account
existing images etc..)?

Thanx, Mark

--
Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of