[dokuwiki] Re: 'files' plugin

  • From: Dvorkin Dmitry <dvorkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 03:38:57 +0300

Dmitry Katsubo wrote:
Hi Dmitry!

Thank you a lot for your work. If you don't mind, a few questions:

- Is it a plugin which provides HTTP/FTP/WebDav protocol or are they
supported by standard modules? (I found a config for ProFTPd, but
haven't met Apache's "Dav on" anywhere).
It's just module, that use preconfigured FTP/WebDav.
many Linux distros have default packets configuration, that simply work right after the installation.
for example, all that I have to do if I want WebDav at my Apache - is to do:

# urpmi apache-mod_dav

:) If you know, how to configure the simple service - you can understand what I did just looking at the .tar.gz: I did default WebDav apache module installation, default ProFTPd installation. then I: 1) created a .htaccess file, that looks like .htaccess.diff ( in tar.gz) in ROOT www directory 2) created .ftpaccess -- // -- in ROOTwww/files_dav/ directory, and configured ProFTP virtual host:

UseReverseDNS off
IdentLookups off
AuthOrder mod_auth_file.c mod_auth_unix.c
CapabilitiesEngine off

<VirtualHost MYHOST>
AllowOverride on
AllowOverwrite on
User                   1000
Group                  1000
Umask 0022 0022
AuthUserFile    /home/1000/www/MYHOST/conf/ftpd.passwd
RequireValidShell off
DefaultRoot     /home/1000/www/MYHOST/files_dav/
AllowStoreRestart on
<Directory ~/*>
   <Limit ALL>
       Allow All
   </Limit>
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

- As I understand, the storage is organized under /files_dav folder. The
namespaces become folders?
yes. storage - is the storage. it used by FTP and WebDav. and when I'm creating new page and attaching new files to it, the corresponding subdirectory is created automatically at the ./files_dav/ at my plugin.
- How ACL is controlled (do not see any SQL table for it)?
acl is controlled using .htaccess and .ftpaccess files.
I created an "action" - "files_acl" (look at the template .diff).
when you click on action (like 'ACL' action for page) It shows the page with users list and W/R checkboxes flags after each user name.
you can check it and "save".
right after "save" new .htaccess and .ftpaccess files created at the corresponding directory under ./files_dav/

- Do you know any similar plugin that does the similar task (or what
plugin has you taken as a basis)?
It was written from scratch. I had no time to play around with some other monstrous hacks.
It done as simple, as it can be: using foreign components.

Thanks!

Dvorkin Dmitry wrote:
I did some job for my company, based on DokuWiki...

Features, that we need:
1) attach files/dirs to Wiki and coment them all
2) have HTTP/WebDav/FTP access to the files storage
3) define ACL's for files storage
4) create filestorage pages using templates

begin:vcard
fn:Dmitry Dvorkin
n:Dvorkin;Dmitry
org:Take Over The World Inc;Evil Solutions
adr:;;;Tver;;170001;Russia
email;internet:dvorkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Dr Evil
x-mozilla-html:FALSE