[dokuwiki] Re: few newbie question

  • From: "Denis Simakov" <akinoame1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:12:58 +0300

I agree with James about the file-uploading interface: by now it is
the most counter-intuitive DokuWiki feature for my wiki users.

1) People are surprised to learn that the upload button is in the
editing toolbar.
2) After users upload images for the first time, they are usually
confused and ask me afterwards to insert links into the wiki text
myself.
3) Sometimes clicking on the link in the media upload form does not
work and I insert them manually. It is very random (and relatively
rare) behavior (maybe a slight misbehavior of my browser (Firefox)).

Denis

On 5/9/06, James.Q.L <shijialist@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
2.1 I played around with attaching file, it works great. but one problem is that I didn't know what to do after I have upload the file. spent some time then i found out that by clicking on the uploaded file name in the upload window, a link to the uploaded file gets appened to the wiki page. It would be nice to have a one sentence to instruct the user.