[dokuwiki] Re: event order

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:03:02 -0500

James Lin wrote:
cont to my previous email, what I really wanted to see is similar to what you mentioned before

"However, in general ACTION_* will happen before TPL_* and if the parser is required, PARSER_* events will happen between the two."

eg. in the morning, a person has got get out of the bed (trigger get out of the bed event, run any listeners), then brush teeth (trigger brush teeth event, run any listeners), go to work (trigger go to work event, run any listeners)

the order I wanted to see was, get out of the bed -> brush teeth -> go to work, not the orders of the listeners.

Go to:
  http://www.mturner.org/development/doku.php?id=events:event_handlers_code

There you will find a simple plugin called eventCheck. Follow the instructions. It will output a file called eventcheck.txt in your top-level dw directory (where doku.php is found). The file logs every event, in the order in which it occurs, both BEFORE and AFTER; it logs any output associated with the current state of its event object as well as the php $REQUEST object.

This script was written a few years ago, so you may have to update the events to conform to your own version of Dokuwiki.

Myron Turner
http://www.room535.org
http://www.mturner.org
http://net18reaching.org/cityscapes