[dokuwiki] Re: dokuwiki.org in read-only mode?

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 12:16:00 +0100

On 20/05/2012 11:53, Mark Prins wrote:
Is it just me or is the dokuwiki.org site in read-only mode for all?

Yes, after several vicious attacks from an unknown vandal who kept on vandalising hundreds of pages for the last few days, sadly we needed to remove the permissions for anonymous editing. :(

This is a sad day when you learn that some of your freedom needs to be taken away just because of one single idiot who apparently enjoys destroying the good work of many people. But there you go, that's reality for you...

In the meantime you can only either log in (and register before if you haven't done that, obviously) or wait a couple of days when it will hopefully be safe to open it up back again.

Cheers,
Anika