[dokuwiki] Re: [dokuwiki-i18n] Various Calendars

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 22:42:48 +0000

Andreas Gohr wrote:
There are some various calendars around the world, like Gregorian, Persian,
Hijri and ... .
Is it possible to add these calendars to DokuWiki?

I wonder if there is need for calendar localization. Above mail was
the very first one asking for it. Should we support it or is this just
too exotic?

Too exotic? When half the world is Chinese? ;-)
The question is rather: Would people with foreign calendars want to use it in the Internet? Because the Internet is more international, people might choose the Gregorian calendar anyway!?

Nonetheless, I would love to see this done! (But I might be extremely biased, because I am immensely fascinated by calendars of all kinds.)

Anika