[dokuwiki] Re: dokuwiki questions - authentication and external url

  • From: "Gabriel Birke" <Gabriel.Birke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:42:58 +0200

Hello,

> 1) Now that I have done the work of authenticating our users to
> DokuWiki, is there any way that I can share that authentication
> information with the forum system without having the user re-login?

It is possible, but will require some work on the forum software: If the
authentication and user administration is pluggable like it is for DokuWiki,
then it will be easy to write your own adapter. Otherwise you have to "hack
the core" of the forum software to
a) synchronize the user info for the forum users with your other user
database
b) set the "login"-Status in the session. For this you have to figure out
(for the forum software) the name of the session cookie and what the session
of a logged in user contains.

> 2) I see a few plugins for DokuWiki re: external urls, but I  don't think
> I see anything that just opens up the link in a new web
> browser window.
>   Does that functionality exist in DokuWiki or in a separate plugin?  It
> would sure be nice if I could use syntax built into DokuWiki to do it..
> I can imagine say, prepending a ^ to a URL to make it open up in a new
window.

If you want _all_ external URLs to open in a new window, just set the
external link target in you Wiki configuration page ("Link Configuration")
to "_blank".

Greetings,

Gabriel