[dokuwiki] dokuwiki questions - authentication and external url

  • From: Jason Keltz <jas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:51:34 -0400

Two questions..

I have written a custom authentication module for DokuWiki for our custom user back-end. I would like to install a separate forum package (phpbb/phorum I guess) and link to that site from the DokuWiki install.

Two questions:

1) Now that I have done the work of authenticating our users to DokuWiki, is there any way that I can share that authentication information with the forum system without having the user re-login?

2) I see a few plugins for DokuWiki re: external urls, but I don't think I see anything that just opens up the link in a new web browser window. Does that functionality exist in DokuWiki or in a separate plugin? It would sure be nice if I could use syntax built into DokuWiki to do it.. I can imagine say, prepending a ^ to a URL to make it open up in a new window.

3) Although this definately isn't a topic for this list, anyone have any recommendation for a simple forum package? Discussion dokuwiki plugin isn't really enough for our purposes, but I don't really need anything overly complicated either. Many of our users are just using google/yahoo groups. You should probably just reply directly to me with the answer to this question because I don't want to make anyone on the list unhappy with un-Dokuwiki-related questions.

Thanks everyone..

Jason.