[dokuwiki] Re: dokuwiki font

  • From: "Jacob Steenhagen" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:54:48 -0400

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Julius <julius.junghans@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 11:00 +0100, Michael Klier wrote:
> > Julius wrote:
> > > the fonts are small on windows and linux using firefox.
> > > On linux the fonts also look like non truetype ones in the gnome web
> > > browser and firefox. Is there a workaroung?
> >
> > I can't verify the fonts are small on windows. But I have some issues in
> > Firfox/Linux too. However, this has nothing todo with DokuWiki. Most
> probably
> > this is the case because, like I, you don't have the ms-fonts installed
> on
> > your system.
> >
> > I use the liberation fonts (by Fedora) and it seems that there's no good
> > equivalent to Lucida which is used in the defaUlt DokuWiki template. Off
> > course there could be other things involved, like wrong dpi settings and
> the
> > like, but you'd certainly notice that for other web sites as well.
>
> Thats what i thought, im not working with html/css so i dont know where
> to change the font.
> But i guess this is the file:
> /home/httpd/html/dokuwiki/lib/tpl/default/design.css
>
> At the top:
> body {
>  /*font: 80% "Lucida Grande", Verdana, Lucida, Helvetica, Arial,
> sans-serif;*/

I'm not a CSS expert, but I think that means:
Make the default size 80% of what would be the normal size.
By default, use Lucida Grande for the font.
If that's not there, use Verdana.
If that's not there, use Lucida.
If that's not there, use Helvetica.
If that's not there, use Arial.
If that's not there, use whatever generic sans-serif font is available (as
determined by the browser).

font: 100% sans-serif , Verdana, Lucida, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;

And this one means:
Make the default size 100% of what would be the normal size (making this
part redundant)
Be default, use the generic sans-serif font.
The other lines don't matter, 'cause there will always be a generic
sans-serif font.

So the root problem is either the 80% size or one of the alternate fonts
doesn't look good. If it's the size, I'm pretty sure you can set the browser
to have a minimum font size.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us