[dokuwiki] Re: dmode permissions and 2006-09-28 rc1

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 22:34:22 +0100

chris wrote:

I did not see a bug report on this, but if someone can confirm/deny I'll proceed with placing one if necessary.

I have now created a new report for this bug:

http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&id=933

Thanks for the responses all. I currently will just not set the guid bit for directories, however, it is desirable for me to do so. Hopefully the fix can make it into the next release.

I suppose the fix is to use octdec php function as shown in the comments on php.net:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.octdec.php

Thanks
chris

Maybe I am missing something here.

Directory permissions are traditionally expressed in octal, hence the starting zero[1]. In *nix at least, the three bits in the triplet correspond to execute, x; read, r; write w. There are three triplets, owner/user (u), group (g), other/everyone else (o). To try to express a value higher than octal 777 is meaningless. In fact if you attempted to enter 4770 in the admin plugin/config settings, you would get an error.

Cheers,

(a different) Chris

[1]  Numbers prefixed by a zero are considered to be octal.