[dokuwiki] Re: different Stylesheets with Conditional Comments

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:03:48 -0500

Gunther Pilz wrote:
Hi Myron!

Myron Turner schrieb:
If you are concerned with an additional access to the server, since we
are using PHP, why don't you include additional CSS for IE in a
conditional php section:

<?php
if(preg_match('/MSIE/',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) {
  echo '<STYLE type="text/css">';
/*  place additional css here */
    echo '</STYLE >';
}

?>

Just make sure this comes after the stylesheets have been loaded.

I don't wanna use the HTTP_USER_AGENT because it's not reliable in
contrast to Conditional Comments.

Gunther

Yes, I can see that this is true. But why must you feel responsible for users who are going to spoof the User-Agent header? Unless there are special circumstances on the site you are running, and then you would know what these circumstances are and could most probably account for them:

             if(preg_match('/spoofed_MSIE/',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']))

Just a thought,

Myron