[dokuwiki] Re: different Stylesheets with Conditional Comments

  • From: Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 03:21:21 +0200

Gunther Pilz wrote:

Probably the best (easiest) way is to modify the
css_out() function in lib/exe/css.php!?
What for? Why don't you just put the above in your template?
OK, I put this in my template. So far so good.
But that means, that the IEs first load the standard compliant css and
then *additionly* the special IE css (which also means that I have an
additional http request).
What I would prefer is, that IEs don't load the standard compliant css,
but *only* their special css. Which of course then have to contain all
the other css, ie. from the plugins.

You are still free not to use css.php at all. So you can use your ie css and standard css in whatever way suits you best, with or without conditional comments.

BTW, I have never ever heard of serving IE with *only one* css file especially created for it. Serving an *additional* css file for IE, yes, that is common practice. But in creating one complete css file only for IE, what is the benefit in that? Did I miss anything new on the "css market"?

Anika