[dokuwiki] Re: darcs changes

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:25:39 +0200

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:19:32 +0100
Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andreas Gohr wrote:
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------
> > -- Tue Apr 11 20:27:21 CEST 2006  Andreas Gohr
> > <andi[at]splitbrain.org>
> >   * releaxed header syntax
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------
> > --
> What is the status of the header changes after this last patch?

works but can be improved...

> I am curious as to why you chose to stay with an array look up rather 
> than a strlen check?

Your inititial patch broke the header parsing, I quickly fixed it by
reverting to the old method. Your new patch changed two things but
caused a conflict because you didn't had my reverted stuff... I applied
only one of your two changes by hand because I didn't understand how the
second one worked :-O

I just took some time to reallly think about what

list($header,$title) = preg_split('/[^=]/',$match,2);

does. And now that I understand I'm quite impressed :-) I will throw out
the lookup system again and put this clever line of code in. Don't send
a patch I'll do it :-)

> Also, is it worth putting a "2" restriction on the preg_split.

Not sure if I understand what you mean, but it will not work without
this restriction.


Other related posts: