[dokuwiki] confirmation requested: how does the lock timer get reset?

  • From: "Jay Dickon Glanville" <dickon.glanville@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:47:18 -0500

Hello all.  I was just reviewing the documentation for locking
(http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:locking).  The last bullet for this
is a little ambiguous to me

   When JavaScript is available DokuWiki will
   refresh the lock in the background while
   editing the document

I'm interpreting this as saying that every time a key is pressed in
the edit field, the lock timer is reset.  Is this correct?

For my staff, can I simplify the lock refresh rule as:
   after 15 minutes of inactivity (where Preview is
   considered activity), the lock on the article is
   released.
Is this accurate?

Thanks.

JDG