[dokuwiki] Re: complaining about no resends

  • From: Jo Rhett <jrhett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:51:08 -0700

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 12:16:25AM +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> I don't link the document mentioned above a few times a month just for
> fun, but to make it more easy to understand how a mailinglist works. If
> you don't get an answer then you should assume you did something wrong
> with your question.

Andreas, you're getting awful preachy for someone who couldn't type yet
when I was first on a mailing list.

> If you decide you want to ask again provide additional info! Describe
> what you did try in the meantime to solve the problem. Ask more specific
> questions on steps that may help you to solve the problem on your own...

Sometimes, when facing a large code base that appears to be only vaguely
organized, we're just looking for someone who is familiar with this part of
the code to point us in the right direction.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek