[dokuwiki] Re: Why css.php?

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 17:26:55 +0100

Joe Lapp wrote:

Hi Chris,

The URL isn't the cache key.

Whew! I feel much better. I'm obviously ignorant of how ignorant I am of HTTP. It sounds like you're taking good care of Dokuwiki.
This is nothing to do with me ;)

I don't know about browser cache keying, from looking at the code DokuWiki's serverside cache is based on an md5 hash of the filename.

At anyone time, css.php will produce only one style sheet. If plugins, template or configuration changes a new stylesheet is required. Different users looking at different pages all get the same stylesheet.

I'm lost! I presume you're saying that different wiki pages may have different stylesheets, but that barring server-side changes, each access to the same wiki page yields the same stylesheet.
No, all pages, including search, backlinks, index, admin pages, etc have the same stylesheet.

If you update your wiki config or you change your template or plugins, the old stylesheet could be out of date. So dokuwiki will generate a new one.

Cheers,

Chris