[dokuwiki] Re: Who is responsible for presenting error messages to the user?

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:57:08 +0000

Andreas Gohr wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:52:56 +0100
Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Any thought regarding error management? I would like to remove any
human readable error messages from the mysql backend.

I agree with this. The auth backend should communicate with the user frontend through return codes only. Only debugging messages should be created from the backend (without translation). Have a quick look at the LDAP backend how it is done there.

Andi
I was half way through typing that - though it wouldn't have been as well put. :)

Chris