[dokuwiki] Re: WYSIWYG edition?

  • From: Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:06:22 +0200

On 12/14/05 11:05 PM, "Marc-Andre Gaudreau"
<Marc-Andre.Gaudreau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently looking for a new solution for our documentation needs.
>   DokuWiki seems like a great product and provides most of the features
> we are looking for.
>
> However, the fact that DokuWiki does not offer WYSIWYG edition seems to
> be a pretty big deal for some of our documenters (mainly for tables
> edition).
>
> Searching the list archives, I found a suggestion regarding wikiwyg
> (http://www.wikiwyg.net/).  It is a Javascript library that can
> supposedly be easily integrated into any wiki product.
>
> I downloaded the library and looked at how it could be integrated into
> DokuWiki.  However, I'm really new to Dokuwiki and I'm having a hard
> time with the integration process.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else was looking for WYSIWYG fonctionality, if
> there were other interesting solutions besides wikiwyg or if anybody
> actually succeeded in including WYSIWYG edition (wikiwyg or other) into
> DokuWiki?

Wow, this is VERY VERY interesting !!!
ME too want this JS integrated to WYSIWYG !

This will simplify a lots life.

Btw, I always was going ask next issues:

* am I right that there is no standard for WIKI syntax.
    MediaWiki have other synatx, sometimes reverse.

* am I right that there is no easy way to import/export info to wikis?

    yes I have see some experimental plugins for Word for Dokuwiki
    and MEdiaWiki. But it seems they have problems.

    also I have docs in inDesign, which I dream move to Wiki.
    but I do not see any easy way, as assign girl todo this in week(s).
    :-)

* If I have future many pages in DokuWiki, I do not see easy way move them
to OTHER wiki IF I will need that.

    it looks MEdiaWiki guys have start develop some standard for
        wiki <=> XML conversions. But it is too raw it seems.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology