[dokuwiki] Re: "Virtual Pages" / New Type of Plugin

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:44:01 +0100

> Search is handled by content indexed on save (or near enough).  If its not in
> the index, its not in the search results.  To get any external data into the
> index you would need to send that data to the indexer with an appropriate url.

AFAIK there's an action hook in the indexer where you can easily
modify (and add to) what is stored in the index when a page is
indexed. However everything is identified by a corresponding page
name. If there's no page, you can't store anything. Maybe that's what
Chris meant with "appropriate URL", I just wanted to clarify this.

splitbrain.org