[dokuwiki] Using the starter template in a vendor branch

  • From: Dennis Ploeger <develop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:29:45 +0200

Hi everybody, especially Anika!

I'd like to clear up my mind about the starter template.

What I'm planning to do is use the starter template in a vendor branch for my templates (especially the ZenLike template), so that if the main structure of the templates change through the time (like with Adora Belle or Angua) I don't have to change much in the templates to enable new functionality.

My main question is: is that possible?

How does one actually use the starter template as a base? Should I add another css-file for the specific design of the template? Should I alter the non _*.*-files?

You see: I'm not quite aware how the starter template is structured and https://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:templates doesn't help.

Anika, if you find the time, could you please elaborate some kind of tutorial on this?

Thank you.

Kind regards
Dennis