[dokuwiki] Re: Using GeSHi language definition colors instead of fixed colors for all languages

  • From: "D.Hendriks (Dennis)" <D.Hendriks@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:49:29 +0100

Andreas Gohr wrote:
>> In GeSHi language definition files (.php files), one specifies STYLES. While
>> DokuWiki uses GeSHi for syntax highlighting, it uses its own coloring
>> scheme.
>
> This was discussed several times before. Search forum and bug tracker.

I had actually searched before... I searched for 'color', 'colour', 'geshi',
'highlight', 'highlighting', 'syntax', 'style' in bug tracker and found nothing
related.

I searched for 'syntax highlighting', 'color highlight', 'highlight style', and
'geshi' on the forum and found:

1. http://bugs.splitbrain.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=167
   (why couldn't I find this in the bug tracker directly???)

   #167 states: "To reduce the data amount that needs to be transfered
   DokuWiki uses one stylesheet for all GeShi languages. There is currently
   no simple way to change this."
I don't agree with the difficult, as shown by my patch. As far as performance, make this kind of coloring optional, and we can
   all choose if we want to take the performance hit or not.
2. Lots of other topics, like:
   http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/1584 and
   http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/1487 and
   http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/718
   http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/281
   which all refer to each other or bug #167.

So, yes it is discussed before. However, I created a patch and think it would
be useful to discuss it again...

Dennis