[dokuwiki] Using DirectoryMatch instead of LocationMatch in apache2 - OK?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 10:50:24 +0100

I have a number of wikis hosted on my home machine, only one has an
apache2 virtual host configured for it, all the others are just accessed
from the 'default' virtual host, e.g.:-

    http://myhost.com/johnwiki/
    http://myhost.com/fredwiki/
    http://myhost.com/anotherwiki/

Is there any reason that I can't put something like the following in my
default virtual host configuration file:-

    <DirectoryMatch "/(wiki/data|wiki/conf|wiki/bin|wiki/inc)/">
        Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
        Satisfy All
    </DirectoryMatch>

I don't want the rather general denial created by the LocationMatch
directive recommended by the Dokuwiki documentation as I might have data
or conf directories that I *do* want to be accessible.

--
Chris Green