[dokuwiki] Re: User friendly way of creating a page in a hierarchy?

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:10:20 +0100

sports tg wrote:

My wide was wondering how to create a new page on our wiki, I was telling
her she had to type

mainfolder:subfolder1:subfolder2:my page name

into the search and then choose create page.

Surely there must be a more user friendly way of creating a page in a
hierarchy, maybe there's a plugin to do it ? :-)

It would nice to be able to click create new page which would create a new
to be named page at the highlighted level in the hierarchy.

Thanks, Tom.

Normally with a wiki, all pages are linked together. Which makes the often used way of adding a page as follows:
- add link to (not yet existing) new page into the current page to link to it.
- click on (red) link on edited page
- click on create page button

Doing things in this way, you don't need to create the page there and then. Maybe some member of your wiki community will see the red link and contribute the work themselves ;)

Cheers,

Chris