[dokuwiki] Re: Upload dokuwiki.tgz then unpack

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 21:55:28 -0500

Aloha,

I have a virtual unix host but no shell or cron access (the admins
will set up cron jobs but I can't do so myself).

If you have shell_exec access via php, you can run gunzip and then tar
through the browser.

Here's a sample that does something similar:
http://tatewake.com/wiki/playground:install-test.php

DW has changed much since I wrote the script above, you should only
need the gunzip and untarring portions of it now.

When you craft your own php file and upload it to do this, I seem to
remember having to give the php file and the directory it was in full
permissions (777) so that it could create the files and directories.

--
--Terence J. Grant(tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx)