[dokuwiki] Upgrade fails

  • From: "Jerry Schwartz" <jschwartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:29:05 -0500

[This is a repeat post. I usually see replies to questions within a day or so,
but haven’t seen anything in response to this.]

I running Win64 Vista with Apache, and I had a perfectly working wiki (17). I
did as I usually do: extract the files from the tar, and copy them over the
existing installation.

Boom! One dead wiki. If I went to //localhost/admin/dokuwiki/doku.php, I’d get
the start page; but any other navigation (including
//localhost/admin/dokuwiki/doku.php/, note the trailing slash), DokuWiki tried
to navigate to “c:_home_public_html_admin_dokuwiki_<whatever the page is>”; and
it said the page did not exist, and asked if I would like to create it.

Okay, says I, I’ll just copy my backup into the dokuwiki directory. No joy, the
exact same problem remained.

I deleted the entire directory structure under
\home\giiexpr\public_html\admin\dokuwiki, and then copied my backup into the
now empty directory. Everything went back to normal.

I went round and round, back and forth, and couldn’t get the upgrade to work.
It looks like a permissions problem at the directory level, but I can’t figure
out why the basic upgrade (copy and replace) causes trouble. I don’t think it’s
creating any new directories.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,