[dokuwiki] Re: The database question: a new spin

  • From: Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:05:02 +0300

On 9/16/05 5:08 AM, "Redeeman" <redeeman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 10:32 +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:11:30 -0400
>> Bert Garcia <hcgtv.net@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Not trying to hold you to a date, any idea, days, weeks, months on the
>>> next release?
>>
>> I think maybe end of the week is possible. Maybe saturday but can be
>> monday as well. No promises.
>
> now that you are rolling out a new release, i have a few issues with
> dokuwiki.. well.. issues are so strong a word...
> the buttons under the editing inputfield to make the field smaller or
> larger doesent work in konqueror..
>
> also, the fade in/out on the small buttons at the bottom doesent work in
> konqueror either.. though, the thing with the sizes are more important

Hi Guys,

I am new to this list, and have not see full discussion

* First of all I am NOT agree with words on wiki site:
    that if db server is down then bla bla bla..
    I think text files are not so more safe than db files....

* if you going add support of database backend, I think the best way to have
some abstraction layer which allow hide what exactly db you use.

This can be

    - your own Interfaces of PHP 5.

        then I think you can put behind of this interfaces as
        database so text files. And all engine code will use interface.
        and it will be NOT important for engine where you store info
        in the db on in plain text files.

    - Ado DB API for PHP.

        this way allow switch dbs that support ADO DB, but will not
        allow hide text it seems. Or may be possible write one class
        Ado DB around text files.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin