[dokuwiki] Tagging on Dokuwiki

  • From: Adrian Sai-wah Tam <adrian@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:17:57 +0800

Hi,

I am not sure whether posting here is appropriate. My idea is as follows:

DokuWiki is simple and good. But I think it is better if one can place
tags on pages besides the namespace hierarchy. I know that there is a
tag plug-in by Esther Brunner but I didn't found it is what I am expected.

The tag plug-in can help classifying pages and it should be *embedded*
into DokuWiki just like the search function. We should be able to:
1. Create new tags or delete tags in the admin page
2. Select tags from the editing toolbar when we are editing
3. The tags shall be listed in the footnote just like the creation date

Tags should be part of the metadata of a page, too. Actually, did
anybody discussed about this issue so far?

- Adrian.