[dokuwiki] Re: Swiftmail plug-in

  • From: "Jerry Schwartz" <jschwartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:59:17 -0400

>> I registered a new user, and got a nice pink page of logging. The SMTP
>> connection failed. I tried to compare your log against what Outlook
>> generates, but I couldn't see anything useful in the Outlook logs
>(such as
>> SMTP return codes).
>>
>> Could this be related to the problem?
>
>Yes.
>
>> << 503 you are already authenticated
>> !! Expected response code(s) [334] but got response [503 you are
>already
>> authenticated]
>
>Could it be that you don't need to do any SMTP-Auth, because your mail
>server authenitcates you by IP (or POP-before-SMTP)?

[JS] My mail server does, in fact, authenticate by POP-before-SMTP. I
thought that's what the plug-in was trying to do. If it doesn't, then I'm
not sure how to make it work. I've forgotten more about e-mail than I ever
knew (X.400 anyone?).

I'll have to go back and look at the documentation for the plug-in again.

Thanks.