[dokuwiki] Re: Subpage scheme

  • From: Luke Howson <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 09:47:37 +1000

Guy Brand wrote:
> On 26 May at 16:55, Luke Howson wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>

>   Hello,
>

>>  An alternative organizational scheme is what I will call the subpage
>>  scheme, in which each page itself contains the other media. End users
>>  seem to find this scheme easier to comprehend.
>>

>   If I understand that having media files around in the same namespace
>   as the page they are linked from could be an option, I don't really
>   understand the rest of the structure change you are suggesting.

Sorry I was unclear.

From the user's point of view,

1. There are no namespaces. Only pages. You upload media, etc to the
page rather than the namespace.
2. Each page can contain any number of subpages.

This could presumably be implemented in any number of ways within
dokuwiki, but I found it could be done relatively easily in the way
described in my earlier post.

I should get time this week to put up a demo site, which I hope will
help make it clearer. (Ironically enough, the motivation behind this is
to make things simpler for the end user.)

Regards,

Luke Howson