[dokuwiki] Re: Submitting three darcs patches...

  • From: Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 18:17:52 +0100

Ricky J. Sethi wrote:

> * changing the default page for a namespace in an index

Applied on devel revision with default configuration (= no options
set in the config file) and default template: your patch doesn't do
what you expect. If I hit the index button I still have the "content
tree" (filesystem view like) and your patch introduces a loop in the
index so that any "ns:" namespace for example appears containing an
"ns:" namespace and so on.  Your patch is not taking care of "index"
action. Also pageutils_getid test cases fail.

Concerning the change itself: is its goal to avoid the content of a
namespace to be displayed when hitting the index button? If so, why
not simply disabling the index action? Another approach could be to
write an action plugin to intercept the index action and return the
link to the namespace start page (DokuWiki already does namespace
autolinking, which is what you want when hitting the index button).

> * customizing style.ini for each template

As far as I understand you want to be able to change the style.ini of
a template from the config file? How about multitemplate_styleman
plugin http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:multitemplate_styleman ?

> * parsing of .html (and .ihtml, .xhtml, etc.) files directly in addition to
> .txt files

This has been discussed in November 2007 and it was suggested to write
such a change in a plugin so that people who need parsing anything
else than .txt files can load it.

Regards,

--
  bug