[dokuwiki] Re: Strange thing with do=index

  • From: Patrice Pillot <phep-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:53:03 +0200

Guy Brand wrote:
  See http://bugs.splitbrain.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=427
There is a $conf['sneaky_index'] option you can set to 1 in your
  local.php config file to honour read permission in the index.

While you put the finger on the right place, things are even stranger now :-p

If I take it correctly from the documentation (bug and conf file) I get it that 0 means "hide protected namespaces" and 1 "allow sneaking in namespaces when there are open pages somewhere below", right ?

This is how it works at least on the last dokuwiki instance I set up (not later than yesterday) that have 0 by default.

As a matter of fact, on my own personnal wiki, after some testing, it turns out that 'sneaky_index' behaves ... upside down, i.e. with the default "0" it showed all namespaces up, and now, as I turned it to "1" it hides protected namespaces :-)

While I now have a wiki that behaves as I wished, I wish I would understand ;-)

FYI, I did not change $conf['sneaky_index'] before you told me about it and it only appears in my local.php to override dokuwiki.php default value.

Merci Guy !