[dokuwiki] Re: Starter template and new default template

  • From: Robin Getz <rgetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:39:55 -0400

On Tue 9 Nov 2010 05:14, Anika Henke pondered:
> On 08.11.2010 16:19, Myron Turner wrote:
> > First, you have retained the possibility of using the old footer.html,
> > and I assume many sites do use it. But, when footer.html is present, it
> > conflicts with the hard-coded license footer which you have in place.
> > Perhaps you can set it up as an if/then and give the content of
> > footer.html the same placement as the hard-coded footer, since now
> > footer.html gets pushed up against the left hand margin.
>
> The footer.html of the current default template is under the hard-coded
> footer as well. So, I guess it wouldn't be wise to change that behaviour.
>
> But I think the reason why you think it conflicts is the positioning.
> Because the starter template is centered, the footer.html looks weird.
> So, I will put it within the surrounding #dokuwiki__site div to center
> it together with the rest of the site. Then it looks fine again.
> (And the same is true for the topheader.html. I will do the same with that.)
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> > Second, when the editor opens, the sidebar disappears. It could be
> > useful to have a button which which allows the sidebar to be displayed
> > during editing.
>
> It was Andi's idea/wish to only show the sidebar in the show mode. I was
> wondering what others think of that?

We already do the same, and have options for namespaced sidebars.
It works pretty well for us.

    <?php
      /* Don't always display the sidebar - and make sure the page exists */
      if ($ACT == 'show' && file_exists(wikiFN($ID)))
          $sidebar = tpl_include_page(getNS($ID).':sidebar', false);
      else
          $sidebar = "";
     ?>

and then when you want to display it: