[dokuwiki] Re: Splitting user and dev lists (forum)

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:14:49 +0100

Andreas Gohr wrote:

I'd like to get some more input from others on this. Chris? Matthias?
Guy? Ben? Anika? Others?

For the two lists to work, many of the experienced members of the current list need to be members of both lists. I guess that means all of the people you mention above and several others, so for us the split will make little difference. Personally I don't think the traffic on dokuwiki list is so large as to be a problem.

re. forums, didn't someone start a google group or yahoo group discussion forum?

Werner, computers are supposed to enable not coerce. Forums are much better for noobs. But to work they again need to be monitored by those with more experience.

I think the best method is to highlight a special question and answer section on the wiki at splitbrain and to encourage its use through the start and wiki:dokuwiki pages.

Cheers,

Chris