[dokuwiki] Re: Spamming on DokuWiki.org

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 15:38:16 +0200

On 10.05.2013 14:11, Werner Flamme wrote:
> Next ones seem to be Kirsten54T, LucillePrieto (both today),
> AngeliaBarbee, TeresaPulliam, SeleneZimmer, LulaKeanecj, FlorPuckett  :-(
>
> Those IDs create mostly a page with the naming of "profile_$username" .
> 'This is simply a profile page. Hope noone minds.' or . 'just a profile
> page. I hope that's ok.' or . 'This is simply my profile page. Hope
> noone minds.' or  . 'just my profile page.'
>
> Regards,
> Werner

The same happened across multiple of my Dokuwiki installations. Someone
finally wrote a Dokuwiki spambot. :(

For most wikis I have, it worked to switch the captcha plugin from
"Javascript" to "Image+Audio". This did not work for one wiki, but
worked for all others so far.

I want to use reCAPTCHA, but only if the requests are proxied via the
dokuwiki installation (which is possible, but the plugin needs to be
modified for that). I don't want to give (even more) user details to Google.

--
Moritz
Free Dokuwiki Hosting