[dokuwiki] Re: Some Content is not displaying

  • From: "Lee Tambiah" <leetambiah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:15:38 +0000

On 11/21/06, Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lee Tambiah wrote:

> I am using some plug-ins being /notes/, /bbcode/, /backup/ and
> /highlight/. When I installed the new version I only replaced the data
> directory not the plug-ins. Yes, there maybe a page that requires a
> plug-in to render the page correctly, thats a good point! However I am
> baffled as to why it has worked with no issues (still only replacing
> the data dir) on my Ubuntu Dapper Desktop, Ubuntu Laptop, and XAMPP on
> Windows XP at work.

Missing plugins won't cause any problems.  The markup intended for them
will be processed as plain text.

What version of PHP does the new server have? and what extensions are
installed?

If you can, run the install.php which came with the new version, it
carries out checks to make sure your php version is ok and some
necessary functions are present.  It won't run on an existing
installation, so you would need to find some space to place a clean DW
install and run it there.

Cheers,

Chris

We have fixed the issue,

http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&id=767
**
We increased the memory to compensate, I can only presume that the older
version of php was handling the memory differently so the issue never
surfaced as the other server has the same 8M limit.

Lee

--
" linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste"