[dokuwiki] Re: Slow save but fast preview

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:29:23 +0200

Robert Rackl writes:

Hi there!

I have the problem, that my dokuwiki installation is very slow when I save an edited page (>10 sec). But previewing a page is very fast (<1 sec!)

Some date about my wiki:
DokuWiki Version 2006-03-09
on a Linux machine. The machine is fast enough. While saving the processor never goes over 20%.

I have the Blog Plugin installed.

I send a mail after each edit. But I do not thing that this is the bottleneck. Sending mail from my server normaly works fine.

I am searching for tips how to isolate the problem. Is it a DokuWiki flaw at all? How can i measure times, how long rendering, saving, etc takes?

Might be a DNS problem. The notify mail tries to resolve the editor's IP to a host name. If your DNS resolving is slow or not possible it might cause this trouble.