[dokuwiki] Re: Slow save but fast preview

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 15:51:39 +0100

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:04:51 +0200
Robert Rackl <mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Robert,

> I have the problem, that my dokuwiki installation is very slow when I
> save an edited page (>10 sec). But previewing a page is very fast (<1
> sec!)
[...]
> I send a mail after each edit. But I do not thing that this is the
> bottleneck. Sending mail from my server normaly works fine.

I had the same problem and finally tracked it down to the email feature.

I sent email after each edit too and after disabling any email feature,
the save operation was as fast as before.

I don't know why dokowiki (or PHP) had such trouble to send the emails.
As far as I could say yet: It is not a dokuwiki problem but might be a
PHP problem, because:
- Our DNS resolved any requested host from any used computer without delay.
- As you said sending mails from the servers console caused no delays
 (delivery took 1.5h but that is another story :-()

Maybe PHPs sendmail interface has some trouble. We still use PHP4. I don't
know the sendmail version. If you get any news what delays mails, I would
appreciate any hint.

 Best regards
   Matthias