[dokuwiki] Should a link to a namespace work (i.e. without 'start')?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 17:05:51 +0000

If I create a link to another page in the current namespace it's just:-

    [[nameofpage]]

... where the file name is nameofpage.txt.

However if I create a new namespace within the current namespace and the
new namespace has a start.txt in it then the link has to be:-

    [[.:newnamespace:start.txt]]

Shouldn't it be possible (or wouldn't it be nice) if one could just use
the link [[newnamespace]] and, if there's not a newnamespace.txt and
there is a newnamespace/start.txt that's used instead?

I realise this will probably only be of significance if one edits and/or
moves files and namespaces around directly but for me this is one of the
great things about Dokuwiki - I *can* do things directly and mostly
Dokuwiki handles it beautifully.

--
Chris Green