[dokuwiki] Setting timezone in dokuwiki

  • From: "Childs, Jeffrey" <Jeffrey.Childs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:18:18 -0400

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Andi? Chris? Anyone?

Is there any way to set a timezone variable within DokuWiki that is
independent of the host operating system? My DokuWiki system is running on
my XP machine (DokuWiki makes a great personal data repository/searching
tool!), but I have noticed that all of the timestamps I am seeing within
DokuWiki are set to what appears to be GMT.

I tried setting

  putenv("TZ=PDT");

within dokuwiki.php, but it had no effect.

This actually raises another question. Within a Winblows environment, would
it be best to run DokuWiki from within an alternate shell, like Cygwin for
example?

Thanks. This mailing list is great btw, I am learning a lot about this
excellent software very quickly.

Jeff