[dokuwiki] Re: Selecting a Wiki engine...

  • From: Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 23:54:31 +0200

On 04 October at 11:52, Oliver Betz wrote:

> After I have been playing a bit with both, it would be interesting to
> get more information especially about the non-abvious characteristics
> and strengths (or weaknesses).

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software and
  http://www.wikimatrix.org/ could be good starting point if you want
  to compare wiki engines. Dunno if someone here has already checked
  what's written there about DokuWiki.

> Another important question is long term availability. If Andi can't
> continue DokuWiki development some day, are there other (potential)
> core developers?

  The best way to keep development in good shape is to get involved.
  Contributing is writing code but also documenting, answering
  questions, tracking down bugs, sharing ideas, translating, getting
  more users in the loop, testing, reading the code to understand the
  beast. These are all good ways to make the community around the
  DokuWiki project stronger. As long as the development process
  remains open, discussions active and contributions welcome, there is
  no reason to be worried.

  + Don't forget to pay Andi a beer if you meet him

--
  bug